The federal government sets aside a portion of funding to certain small business certified companies. For example 5% of federal funding is allocated to certified Woman Owned Small Businesses and 3% goes to HUBZone Certified Businesses.

Before obtaining a set aside certification, you’ll want to get acquainted with federal contracting. USBRI recommends getting a Small Business Certification before set asides.

If you are unsure you meet the SBA side standards, click the button below

Need to Register or Renew?

If your SAM Registration is set to expire or you do not have one, begin the renewal/registration process NOW. You do not want to miss out on federal contracting opportunities due to a lapsed SAM Registration. Call the USBRI Help Desk for assistance or begin now by going to the services page by clicking the button below.