No. As of 2022, the DUNS number (provided by Dun & Bradstreet) was phased out and now SAM provides what is called a UEI (Unique Entity Identifier). In order to do any sort of business with the federal government, like bidding on grants and contracts, you need the UEI number.

There are two ways to go about obtain a UEI:

    1. Doing the SAM Registration process on your own using online resources (can take 2-3 months)
    2. Using a firm such as USBRI who has been assisting small business’s with filing for SAM and SBA Certifications for over 12 years (4-6 weeks).

If you are unsure if you have a SAM, use the lookup tool by clicking below

Need to Register or Renew?

If your SAM Registration is within 60 days of expiring, begin the renewal process NOW. Processing times are taking longer due to new policies so get in touch with a CRS today by calling the USBRI Help Desk at 1-888-646-9998. You can also browse the USBRI Services page by clicking below to learn more.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.