The HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zone) Certification is important for you and your business to attract prime contractors who are specifically looking for small businesses located in HUBZone’s. Even if you live in a HUBZone, you must be certified to reap the benefits. Some of the requirements of HUBZone include:

    • Meet SBA Small Business Size Standards (use the Small Business Calculator to check)
    • Primary business office MUST be located in a HUBZone
      • Use the HUBZone Map to verify
    • 35% of all full-time employees MUST be located in a HUBZone
      • Use the HUBZone Map to verify

If you have determined that you are eligible for a HUBZone Certification, get in touch with a CRS (Certified Registration Specialist) by calling the USBRI Help Desk at 1-888-646-9998. USBRI has been servicing small businesses who need to register in SAM and/or obtain Small Business Certifications for over 11 years. A dedicated CRS will do the work for you, only pulling you in when absolutely necessary.

An additional requirement to having a HUBZone Certification is having an ACTIVE registration in SAM, use the tool below to check the status


Need to Renew or Register a SAM Registration?

As stated above, one of the requirements to having any sort of set-aside certification, including HUBZone, is having an active and compliant SAM Registration. If you used the tool above and discovered an expiring or missing registration, get started on the process with a CRS today. You do not want to miss out on new or existing business with the federal government due to that non-compliant SAM Registration.