To register an entity in SAM, only individuals authorized to represent the entity or individuals representing themselves as an entity are eligible. Any unauthorized or illegal use of SAM or its information may result in civil and criminal penalties, potentially affecting the entity’s SAM registration status.
Instructions for Entities:
- Single Entity: This template is designed for formally appointing an Entity Administrator for either a single domestic entity located in the U.S. or its outlying areas or a single international entity using banking information from a U.S. financial institution in their SAM entity registration.
- Template Completion: Fill in the required information by entering it into the highlighted sections on the subsequent pages. Exclude this instruction page from your final letter.
- Printing the Letter: Print the completed letter on your entity’s official letterhead. If you don’t have letterhead, ensure that you include your entity’s legal business name and physical address at the top of the letter before printing.
- Signing the Letter: The completed letter must be signed in the presence of a notary. The signatory should be an individual with proper signatory authority, such as an executive, officer, partner, or other authorized representative of the entity. The notary will verify the signatory’s identity according to the notary procedures of your state.
- Mailing the Letter: Send the completed, signed, and notarized letter to the Federal Service Desk at the address below:FEDERAL SERVICE DESK ATTN: SAM.GOV REGISTRATION PROCESSING 460 INDUSTRIAL BLVD LONDON, KY 40741-7285 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Upon receipt, your letter will be reviewed for completeness. If any errors or omissions are found, you will be contacted. Please note that your SAM registration will not be activated until an approved letter is on file.
Ensure compliance and proper representation of your entity by following these instructions carefully during the SAM registration process.
Use the tool to Check your SAM Registration by clicking below